Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Little Ray of Sunshine

I see that it's been over a month since I posted. The thing is, I wanted to post, meant to post, kept telling those well-meaning people who encouraged me to post that I would definitely post again soon, maybe tomorrow, or sometime next week. But I also wanted to keep this blog from becoming Lindsay's House of Whining, so I decided to wait until I had something positive to report, foolishly thinking that Something Positive was right around the corner, that it would jump out and surprise me when I least expected it, except I was sort of expecting it because expectation is a necessary component of hope, and also dizziness and light-headedness are side effects of the drugs I'm on for my headaches, so chances are that if it really surprised me I would probably trip over it and hurt myself somehow.

Aaaaanyways, point is that I've had a hard time lately coming up with Good Stuff to write about here. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good things in my life, which I truly, deeply appreciate on a daily basis, and I could go on and on here about my wonderful husband or the great new sweatpants I got at Target last week. It's just that I've had a hard time focusing on them (or anything, really) since the headaches started, and then the weather turned bad and school got hard and Rob got the flu and I got the flu and the weather stayed bad and the house still wasn't finished. Which leads me to the reason I'm finally posting, even though my head still hurts a lot and I'm having a hard time with the side effects and school is still hard and it continues to be the coldest, soggiest October I've ever witnessed: the house is finished!

Well, basically. There are some little things that still need to be taken care of before we can completely sever our relationship with the contractors, but I'll take good news where I can get it. The roof isn't leaking and there are storm windows to keep out the rain and we don't have to lunge to get up to the porches because we have stairs again. In case you aren't sufficiently impressed, here is the before picture:

Not bad, huh?

4 comments:

John said...

Congratulations on the house!! It looks great! It was also good to see a post again although I was hoping it would be because the headaches were gone. I continue to be very worried (my job, of course). Hope school at least gets better now that the house is done.

Sarah said...

How about a wonderful visit from your big sister? The house does look great, though. Congratulations!

LegalEagle said...

Wow......WOW! Looks GREAT! I don't recognize it!

Sarah said...

Ahem. Now it's been 3 months since you posted. Some of us want to hear how you're doing and see pictures of your life....