Monday, September 22, 2008

Homeownership

That's right. Rob and I have joined the ranks of what I like to call the landed gentry (even though this is neither 18th century England nor a Jane Austen novel)! We're in! Since the very smooth closing on Friday, we've ripped up carpet, gotten new locks, mowed the lawn, torn out some cabinetry-type stuff, and pulled about 8,000 carpet staples from at least three different eras or stapling schools of thought. We've also had the amazing luck to have lined up almost everything we want to get done before the move (next Sunday) that we can't do ourselves.
There will be more updates soon, and pictures once I find the camera. If you aren't able to help us move, do what you can (pray, dance, whatever) to prevent rain. Or lots of homework.

3 comments:

John said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! -papa-

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! The house looks great!!!! Bo-peep room HERE I COME! (I accepted the offer today)

Unknown said...

being part of the landed gentry is hard work!