Monday, September 8, 2008

10 more days

That's right. 10 MORE DAYS. And then we will OWN A HOUSE. WHICH WILL BE OURS THAT WE WILL OWN.
Not that this is anything to get worked up about.
Closing is September 19th. Work will commence immediately following (with a break for Kelly's wedding) and with a little luck, we'll have our wood floors and our patched and painted walls (and our furnace and our fence, although we aren't doing those ourselves) by the time we move in on September 28th.
Because of this, and because Rob and I are both planners, we decided it would be wise to get as much of our stuff boxed up and ready to move before closing as we can. So while I was planning lessons and trying to get ahead on my readings and thinking about taking a break to pack a box after page 76, Rob boxed up almost everything we own, including my 5,000 books (see sample at left). And then he tackled the basement.
I definitely picked the right man to move with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am awesome! Lindsay has also been working very hard - we make a good team.

:)

Sarah said...

Brian's been a little grumbly about moving MY 5000 books--can you give him a pep talk?

John said...

Perhaps one my proudest accomplishments as a parent is that I have children who have "5,000" books!!