Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We're in!

We got it! After minimal (but incredibly stressful) haggling via their realtor, we finally got the signed purchase agreement for the house yesterday afternoon, and ultimately a better deal than what we had originally offered. Next step: inspection, then financing (both contingencies in the PA) then closing September 19. At this point, you are more than welcome to come help visit - we'll probably spend a week or two at after closing doing some things that are just easier to deal with before we live there (ripping up carpet), and chip away at the rest of it once we're in.

Note: Photo borrowed without permission from someone on flickr. I do not know these women. But no one out here jumps in the air to express their happiness for me, and until I can get Matt to photoshop your faces onto them, or until you send me a picture of your (hopefully overjoyed) reaction to the good news, they will just have to do.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Kirsten said...

Hey Lindsay--
that's fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for You, Rob, Cricket and Nick! I'm sure they'll love that big ol' yard, and I can just see a spot for your future little vegetable patch. Did I read something about TWO kitchens? what's that about? One for baking and the other for cooking? And what part of the twin cities is this house in? Thanks for posting the pics, but give us more details!!!