Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Yesterday was Matt's 21st birthday. We missed having you all there, but we still had a good time, and luckily I got some pictures to prove it. The evening went from pleasantly full (dinner at the Christensens' - tacos and beer, with an almond berry tart for dessert)... ...to pleasantly excited (about drinking in public at Sweeney's, one of my favorite bars)...
...to a little belligerent (a little bit of that southern twang Matt develops when he gets this way, flashing gang signs, etc.)...
(I think this "W" is for "Wyoming. He was wearing his cowboy boots and a large belt buckle, too. I think he was trying to get in a bar fight with one of those Twin Cities metrosexuals, but they don't spend much time at Sweeney's.)
...to incredible, even though we were not drinking Elephant Beer...
...to completely silly, as you can see here. I think he was imitating one of the animals to which he has lately taken a strong dislike (apparently, penguins are assholes), but I'm not entirely sure.
On an unrelated note, I think my camera is getting worse, if such a thing is possible. It's only two years old, but I feel like the pictures it takes are always kind of blurry, cloudy, and off-color these days. Anyone else notice this? Suggestions (besides spending a bunch of money on a fancy schmancy camera)?

1 comment:

missamandabear said...

The life span of a point and shoot digital is about 2 years. Mine made it almost 3 then Nick dropped it. Now it's dead. You can try taking it to a camera shop and ask them to clean it for you. They may be able to take it apart and clean all the dust out and actually be able to put it back together... I could totally do the take it apart and clean it, but you'd only have nice shiny clean camera parts in a pile in a plastic baggy because I couldn't do the put it back together part. I'm lame like that.