Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Winter

Remember that snowstorm I was all skeptical about? Well, it wasn't huge, but it dropped four or five inches at our house. And then yesterday it snowed again! Hooray! I love having enough snow around to actually justify my winter boots/making chili/drinking too much hot chocolate. I also love that this is happening just as my finals are starting. For one thing, the snow muffles all kinds of noises. Also, it makes it easier to be cooped up inside, although I would much rather be in my cozy study den at home than my fluorescent lit office at school. Only a few more days of classes, though, and then I'm going to pretend I'm snowed in.
The finals have officially begun. They don't seem much more difficult than undergrad finals, really, except that there is less direction. For one class, I've been assigned a paper on "something interesting" to do with early film. Since it will probably take me as long to come up with a topic as it will to actually write the paper, I suppose I should get started...but you can probably look forward to more frequent posts, because I will clearly need to procrastinate a lot in the next few weeks.

No comments: