Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekly Update

I'm noticing a trend in my posts this semester. Could it be that I'm too lazy/unfocused by Friday afternoon to do anything else? Possible. Not unlikely. Of course, since my alternatives are a) work on a paper on ethical criticism and chronology, b) grade and plan lessons, and c) tackle reading for Tuesday, it might just be that I literally have nothing better to do than post, which is of course not to say that what keeps me from posting during the rest of the week is necessarily better than this. Anyways, here is this week's rundown.
Bad News: The Bad News really outweighs the good this week, so much so that I'm starting with Bad.
Good News: I haven't given up Good News altogether.
Bad News: I haven't stopped considering it.
Good News: My horrible Friday afternoon seminar was cancelled! Yay!
Bad News: It was cancelled at the last minute, so I'm stuck at school anyways, and it was cancelled due to illness not 20 minutes after I saw the professor in the mail room where he failed for the third time this week to recognize me or return my greeting, AND it has led to the cancellation of a conference meeting scheduled for after the class that kind of needed to happen.
Good News: I think this cancellation means I'm ahead in the reading.
Bad News: I am waaaaay behind in basically everything else in my life, including the reading for my Tuesday class, which was listed in the syllabus like this: [???], but was changed this afternoon to: [two-inch-thick packet of barely legible copies, including but not limited to "History of German Literature" and the text of Conrad Celtes address to the University of Ingolstadt from 1492 (in both Latin and English)].
Good News: It doesn't matter much that I'm so far behind, because with the luck I'm having, a piano will fall out of the sky onto my head before any other deadlines come up.
Bad News: It really has been an awful couple of weeks. The piano wouldn't surprise me at all.
Good News: Even though my already very fragile optimism is barely hanging on, I am still able to express the hope that next week is better: it's supposed to be above freezing!

3 comments:

John said...

It reall will get better. The days are getting longer. It will get above freezing. You aren't struggling with Matt's sunburn...You've got Rob and two dogs who love you. It's Saturday morning - splurge and have bacon and eggs (that's what I'm going to do. I'll just take two cholesterol pills tonight - that's why we have modern medicine. Us old people can buy a pill to fix damn near everything! Love you!!

missamandabear said...

We need to talk. It's important! Nothing bad - so you can stop worrying.

LegalEagle said...

Let's go on vacation!! lastminute.com

I see a beach in our future.