Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Me & My Dayquil

Me & my Dayquil are best friends. It's like the ads for My Buddy dolls in the late 80s, where the kid takes the doll everywhere with him - to build a secret clubhouse, on a trike ride, climbing trees. Remember those? Only instead of a doll, I have a huge bottle of bright orange cough syrup. And instead of laughing with joy while I riding my trike through a meadow, I'm coughing and hacking while I trudge through the icy cold campus to my office. Ok, actually not very much like the ad at all, except my drugs go everywhere with me.
The good news is that I went to the doctor, and I don't have SARS. I do have an upper respiratory infection (lungs, throat, and sinuses...which makes me wonder what constitutes lower), which they think is viral, so there wasn't much they could do for me except make jokes about what a nice baritone I have. Seriously, I sound like a lounge singer who smokes 5 packs a day (until my voice cracks like a 13-year-old boy's). Not quite how I envisioned the beginning of the semester....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma...wants....CRICKET PICS!