Good News: It's warm enough that I'm not wearing any socks!
Bad News: It's already so dry here that there are brush fire warnings, etc.
Good News: I turned in the final draft of my M.A. thesis to my committee. My exam is April 27th.
Bad News: Like pretty much everything else I've ever written, I don't feel very proud of it. And when I shared that with one of my advisors, she said it never changes.
Good News: I'm going to Germany to interview an author, and I just learned that I don't need to apply for or get review from the Internal Review Board (IRB) here for my project.
Bad News: I'm going to Germany to interview an author, and I feel completely unprepared.
Good News: I got a grant for the summer which will pay me to pursue the research I was already going to do. Yay! I actually wanted to teach, but I've come to terms with the fact that this might actually be better for me.
Bad News: We need a new roof. Depending on a variety of factors, we may also wind up needing to replace the siding and storm windows. Boo! Pray, chant, do whatever it is you do to convince the fates to...well, frankly, to shower us with money, or at least help us get a good loan.
Good News: Since I won't be working this summer, I will actually have time to work on the house and especially the yard. We prepped the vegetable garden over the weekend, but haven't planted anything yet. Suggestions?
Bad News: Garden fantasies are really taking a toll on my concentration.
Good News: 4-5 weeks left.
Bad News: 4-5 weeks left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the grant!
Post a Comment