Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snow Day

Ok, winter, we get it. Yes, we live in Minnesota, it is still February, you are very cold and snowy and powerful. You made your point already.
This is a picture from earlier today. Since it was taken, it's snowed several more inches. It is one of the more dramatic storms we've had, both in terms of the snowfall (2.9" in St. Paul in just one hour), cruelty (it was almost 40 yesterday!), and showmanship (apparently we have something called "thunder snow" here, which is almost as fun as freezing rain). You can tell it's bad because the University canceled classes (this NEVER happens, at least not since I moved here seven years ago), because all the streets leading up the bluff in St. Paul are closed because the roads are too slick for cars to get up them, and because our mail carrier was wearing snowshoes. This weather was really annoying during the hour and a half it took me to get home, but now that I'm cozy in my sweats on the couch at home, it's pretty great. What can I say? I love a good storm. Keep your fingers crossed for a University snow day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Snowshoes! That's so funny. Not to rub it in, but it's been in the 60s here this week. I would actually love to see some snow. Enjoy your unexpected day off and do some pleasure reading!