Good News: It's Friday! Alleluia!
Bad News: Friday's not over by a long shot.
Good News: I have a whole hour until I teach and I have already planned a lesson.
Bad News: I just finished planning it. This is a marked departure from my goal of planning the whole week's lessons each weekend, something I managed about 3 times in the fall, and which definitely makes me a better teacher.
Good News: I can try again for next week.
Bad News: This strategy does not make me a better student. If I have to choose between creating activities for my students and reading another 40 pages of Freud, I will definitely choose the former.
Good News: I don't have any Freud scheduled for this semester (for the first time since I started here).
Bad News: There is still one class to attend this week. Not only is it a Friday afternoon class, it could very well have something to do with Freud.
Good News: I'm trying to be optimistic about this class, even though it's on Friday afternoons and is taught by a professor last seen in our department in 1993 who is clearly being forced against his will to do it because there isn't anyone else left here. Anyways, even if it does have Freud, it won't have a certain archnemesis of mine. In fact, I have no classes with him this semester - another first!
Bad News: I still have to see him every day, and now I also have to deal with his former students who have moved on to my class and brought their bad attitudes with them.
Good News: Today I get to torture them with perfect tenses and past participles. Hahahahah!
Bad News: It's going to be really cold again this weekend, so cold that even the prospect of complex grammar exercises won't be able to keep me warm.
Good News: I have a lot of work to do, so I won't be outside much anyways (see lesson planning goals above).
Bad News: Most of that work is not finishing up projects I started (or meant to start) over break.
Good News: 1 week (almost) down, only 14 (or so) to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment