Meanwhile, school is alternately hurtling and creeping toward the end of the semester. All my professors seem to have suddenly realized how disorganized they are; they've all apologized for it, but don't seem inclined to do anything about it this semester. There is a part of me that wants to go into academia as a sort of public service to counter the disorganization (and other negative aspects of academic culture). I'm practicing for this by organizing for my professors. I feel kind of silly typing up their class lists so the class can understand them, but hopefully not as silly as they feel being unable to do it themselves. Five and a half more weeks.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Catching up
Meanwhile, school is alternately hurtling and creeping toward the end of the semester. All my professors seem to have suddenly realized how disorganized they are; they've all apologized for it, but don't seem inclined to do anything about it this semester. There is a part of me that wants to go into academia as a sort of public service to counter the disorganization (and other negative aspects of academic culture). I'm practicing for this by organizing for my professors. I feel kind of silly typing up their class lists so the class can understand them, but hopefully not as silly as they feel being unable to do it themselves. Five and a half more weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sign me up!!
Post a Comment