Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Good news, bad news

In an effort to balance my occasionally overwhelming pessimism and entertain myself during lunch, I'm instituting the "good news, bad news" weekly feature, to remind myself (and all of you) about the cosmic balance of the world, the silver lining, the circle of life, etc. Since it's lunchtime....

Good news: Class got out last night before I got hungry, so I didn't have to eat my sad pb&j for dinner.

Bad news: My frugal nature and tiny paycheck mean that I can't just throw away a perfectly good sandwich, so I had to eat my so-sad-as-to-be-tragic pb&j for lunch today.

What I learned: Pb&j becomes exponentially more depressing in relation to the time elapsed since the sandwich was made. Thank goodness I didn't leave it until Wednesday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

:)
Good news: I had pretty good leftover curry for lunch.
Bad news: Tucker came up and dropped a dead, chewed mouse in front of me while I was eating, successfully ruining the curry for today and maybe for always.
Good balanced perspective, though.

LegalEagle said...

Good news: lunch was free today!
Bad news: lunch was pizza.
Worse news: people without gallbladders shouldn't eat pizza.

Booooo.